|Inside Out Project - Hong Kong, photographed by JR|
Black and white photographs will be taken of each participant and blown up into large posters to display in NYC. Your photos and comments will also be uploaded to the Inside Out Project website.
The Inside Out Project was created by world renowned photographer and street artist, JR, who has gained worldwide recognition for his photo graffiti.
His work earned him the TED PRIZE in 2011. Starting with the streets of Paris as his canvas, JR's installations have taken him as far as Africa, North America, and the favelas of Brazil. His latest initiative, the Inside Out Project calls upon the public to take photos of themselves and causes they represent. Inside Out Projects are displayed around the world, and they are definitely not to be missed.
View JR's 2012 TED TALKS presentation:
- Fill out a brief questionnaire about yourself, and share some thoughts with us on dance.
- After you've completed your questionnaire, we will confirm a date to photograph your portrait.
- The Inside Out team will be photographing you in Times Square in New York City. April and May dates available.
- Sign up for one of the dates below to have your portrait taken
- Arts Administrators
- Artistic Directors
- Film professionals
- Donate spaces to showcase The Face of Dance portraits
- Volunteer to paste posters
- Help spread the word on the Face of Dance - Inside Out Project by inviting your coworkers and friends to participate.
- Support our upcoming Crowd Sourcing campaign to help us raise funds to print the posters and pay for supplies.
"I wish for you to stand up for what you care about by participating in a global art project, and together we'll turn the world...INSIDE OUT." - JR